Getting Back Into Rhythm

 Getting Back Into Rhythm

After a long break, I'm trying to get back into the rhythm again.

The last few days have been a little too hectic and busy. A lot of work at the office, festivals approaching, plans here and there—and somehow, everything seemed to be happening at the same time.

But that's life, I guess.

Sometimes the routine gets disturbed, things become hectic, and you lose your usual rhythm. All you can really do is take a breath, stay calm, and slowly find your way back.

Sometimes, Don't Plan Everything

Recently, I decided to surprise a friend on his birthday.

I had indirectly asked him about his plans for the day, and since he didn't really have anything planned, I thought I'd just visit him.

It was afternoon when I reached near his place, so I thought I'd call him once I was outside.

But just as I was going towards his house, I called him—and somehow, at exactly that moment, he came outside.

He looked at me and was like:

"Arey, aap bhi aaye ho?" 😂

And just like that, the surprise was done.

We then made a completely spontaneous plan and went to Dadar Chowpatty to celebrate his birthday.

There was no elaborate planning. No itinerary. No booking.

Just a sudden decision.

And honestly, sometimes those are the moments you remember the most.

We spend so much time planning everything perfectly that we forget that some of the best memories can come from plans that were made five minutes ago.

A Different Kind of Peace

That same day, I also had to visit my uncle's house for a Satyanarayan Puja.

I think this was probably the first time I properly listened to the entire katha.

Well... almost the entire thing. 😅

But whatever I heard, I genuinely enjoyed it.

I'm a religious person, but I'm not really someone who can sit quietly for a long time and listen to devotional things. So I was honestly surprised by how peaceful it felt.

Maybe it was the way the Pandit explained everything.

Or maybe it's simply that time changes us.

The things we didn't have much patience for earlier sometimes start feeling different as we grow older.

Our behaviour changes.

Our priorities change.

Even the way we look at certain things changes.

And perhaps that's one of the quieter signs of growing up.

Life Isn't the Same for Everyone

Recently, I had some long conversations with a few friends.

They weren't just the usual conversations.

Somehow, the topic went deeper, and I realised something I've probably always known but don't think about enough:

Everyone has something going on in their life.

Someone is dealing with things from their past.

Someone is struggling with something in the present.

Someone might be worried about their future.

And yet, from the outside, you may never know.

We meet people, talk to them, laugh with them, and see them going about their daily lives. But that doesn't necessarily mean everything is fine behind the scenes.

There are things people don't share with everyone.

Sometimes because they're afraid of being judged.

Sometimes because they don't know how to explain what they're feeling.

And sometimes, they simply don't want anyone to know.

That's why having even one person in your life with whom you can talk about almost anything without worrying about being judged is a blessing.

Someone with whom you can just let everything out.

The frustrations.

The nonsense.

The things you've been overthinking.

The things you don't know how to explain.

And sometimes, you don't even need a particular topic.

You just start talking.

One topic leads to another, then another...

And suddenly, you've been talking for hours.

That's a different kind of comfort.

Maybe that's what good friendships are sometimes about—not having solutions to every problem, but simply having someone who listens.


And Then, Back to the Routine..

Apart from these moments, the rest of the week was pretty much a jam-packed schedule.

Wake up.

Go to office.

Complete the work.

Come back home.

Dinner.

Other chores.

Sleep.

And repeat.

The workload made the days feel even longer, and there wasn't much time left for anything else.

But I'm trying not to complain about it too much.

Some phases are simply busier than others.

And this one will pass too.

Sometimes you just need a little patience and a little calmness to get through the phase you're in.

Back to the Rhythm

So, this week was a mixture of everything.

A sudden birthday plan.

A peaceful evening listening to a religious story.

Conversations that went deeper than expected.

A hectic work schedule.

And the slow attempt to get back into my usual rhythm.

Maybe life isn't really about maintaining a perfect routine all the time.

Sometimes the rhythm breaks.

Plans change.

Things get hectic.

People go through things we know nothing about.

And then, slowly, we find our balance again.

Maybe that's the rhythm of life itself.

Comments