Just a Normal Week
Not every week needs to be exciting.
Sometimes, a week is just about going to work, finishing your daily chores, reading a few pages of a novel, listening to music, going for a walk, and coming back home.
Nothing extraordinary.
Just a normal week.
But even an ordinary week can have a few moments worth remembering.
The Phone I Didn't Want to Let Go
Do you have a liking for something that doesn't even work anymore, but you still don't want to get rid of it?
Well, I do.
I'm talking about my old smartphone.
I haven't used it for a long time. It was just lying around, switched off and forgotten. One day, I suddenly thought of starting it again, but it wouldn't turn on and showed some error.
So I decided to get it repaired.
I gave it to a mobile repair shop, and the guy told me it would be ready in two or three days.
Three days later, I went to collect it.
"It isn't done yet. Come after two days."
I went again after two days.
Another reason.
Then another few days passed.
And this whole cycle continued.
At that point, I was honestly a little nervous.
"Phone toh gayab nahi kar diya na?" 😂
But strangely, I wasn't even that worried about whether he would be able to repair it.
I just wanted my phone back.
It might not have been my first phone, but it had a lot of memories attached to it. So even if it didn't work, I still wanted to keep it.
Finally, after about a week, I got it back.
The guy told me the charging was very low and asked me to charge it and try using it for a couple of days before paying him.
And I immediately thought:
"Kuch toh gadbad hai."
Because, well... the phone still wasn't turning on properly.
But honestly?
I was relieved.
At least I had my phone back.
It's strange, isn't it?
Sometimes we aren't really attached to the thing itself.
We're attached to what it means to us.
And maybe that's why we find it so difficult to let go of certain small things.
The Little Things That Make an Ordinary Week Better
Other than this, the entire week was pretty normal.
Office. Daily chores. Coming back home. Finishing pending tasks.
Nothing much special.
But there are a couple of things that I've started enjoying every day.
One of them is reading a novel in the morning.
Just a few pages.
Nothing major.
But somehow, I've developed a habit of doing it, and I genuinely enjoy those few quiet minutes before the day properly begins.
The other is listening to music while going for a walk at night.
Honestly, that's probably the best therapy of the day.
After a long day, putting on some music, walking around, and just letting your mind slow down feels so good.
Sometimes you don't need a big break.
You just need a little sukoon.
Why Wait for Someone Else?
Last week, I decided to go watch Spider-Man: Brand New Day.
I asked a few friends if anyone wanted to join me, but no one was really available for the plan. Everyone had their own priorities and plans.
And for a moment, I could have simply dropped the idea.
But then I thought—
Why?
If I want to do something, why should I always wait for someone else to be available?
So I went.
A solo movie date.
It wasn't my first time going to a movie alone, but even then, there's something nice about doing things on your own simply because you wanted to do them.
You decide the movie.
You decide the timing.
You get your food.
You sit back.
And you enjoy.
Sometimes, we wait so much for someone to accompany us that we forget we can simply go and enjoy the moment ourselves.
Maybe that's something I'm slowly learning:
Not every plan needs company. Sometimes, you can be your own company.
And That's It...
So, was this an exciting week?
Not really.
There was no huge achievement, no extraordinary trip, and nothing particularly dramatic.
Just an old phone that I couldn't let go of, a few pages of a novel every morning, music during a night walk, work, daily routines, and a movie I decided to watch anyway.
But maybe that's the point.
Life isn't made up only of the big moments.
A lot of it is made up of these ordinary days that we don't think much about while we're living them.
And maybe someday, we'll look back and realize that these "normal" weeks were a pretty important part of our lives too.
So here's to another normal week.
Nothing much special.
And yet, somehow, enough to write about.
Comments
Post a Comment