A Hectic Week
A Hectic Week
Not every day is going to be a good day.
Some days go exactly the way you planned, while some seem to have a different plan altogether. And sometimes, after a few good days, you simply go through a week that you don't really want to remember.
This was one of those weeks.
Of course, I'll take the lessons from it. But some memories are better left as lessons rather than something we keep thinking about.
When Plans Change at the Last Moment
I had planned an outing with a friend. After confirming the plan, I had arranged the rest of my day accordingly and even cancelled another plan with my family.
Before leaving, I called my friend to ask if he was ready.
No answer.
After a while, he finally picked up and said:
"Bro, sorry, I won't be able to come. I've gone out for another sudden plan."
And I was like...
"Okay, no worries. But if you had another plan, you could've at least told me earlier, right?"
I think what disappointed me more wasn't the cancellation itself. Plans can change. Things happen.
It was the fact that I had planned my day around something that had already been confirmed, and I found out only at the last moment.
I really don't like when people back out at the very last moment.
If you can't make it, that's completely fine.
Just don't commit unless you're reasonably sure.
Sometimes, a little communication can save someone else from rearranging their entire day.
Engineer's Brain Had to Try Something 😂
A while ago, I had bought a colour-changing light. I hadn't used it for a long time, and eventually, the USB slot got corroded.
So the light stopped working.
I thought, why not try repairing it myself?
Engineer ka dimaag hai... kuch toh experiment karna hi tha. 😂
I cut off the damaged USB slot, took an old USB cable and connected it to the light.
Now came the important moment.
I switched it on and thought:
"Bhai, chalu hua toh theek hai... bas phat mat jaana!" 😂
And...
Yesss! It worked!
At least for a while.
After some time, it stopped working again.
Turns out, the problem wasn't something major. The wire connection had become loose.
So, technically, I found the root cause. 😌
I'll try fixing it again with a longer wire.
Maybe this time it'll finally survive my engineering experiments. 😂
A Little Green Corner 🌱
Apart from all this, I had been wanting to properly arrange the plants at home for quite some time.
So this week, I finally did it.
Nothing extraordinary—just rearranging the plants and making the space look a little better.
But honestly, I really enjoyed doing it.
Sometimes, doing something simple with your hands and seeing the result in front of you feels surprisingly satisfying.
And having a little more greenery around the house definitely doesn't hurt.
The Hectic Part
And then came the biggest part of the week:
Work.
The workload at the office was on another level this week.
Too many deadlines, too much work and, because of that, a few days of overtime.
There were days when my routine was basically:
Go to office in the morning.
Work.
Stay late.
Reach home at night.
Have dinner.
Sleep.
And repeat.
At one point, it genuinely felt like I was doing my home duties and office duties at the same place. 😂
"Office jao, kaam karo, ghar aao, dinner karo, so jao... repeat."
And on top of that, there were train delays in the morning, late starts and a few other small things that just kept adding to the frustration.
It felt like one of those weeks where you just want to reach the weekend and say:
"Bas bhai, enough." 😂
But at the same time, I knew it was temporary.
Deadlines will pass.
The workload will eventually settle.
And that's something worth remembering during difficult phases—not every situation is permanent.
Finding Sukoon After a Long Day
Despite how hectic the week was, there was one thing I looked forward to every day.
Music.
While travelling back home from office or going for a walk at night, putting on my favourite songs felt like switching off the noise of the entire day.
After hours of work, deadlines, travelling and everything else, those few moments with music were probably the most peaceful part of the day.
Sometimes you don't need a vacation to feel better.
Sometimes you just need your headphones, a good song and a little time for yourself.
That's my kind of sukoon.
And That's the Week
So yes, this was a hectic week.
A cancelled plan.
A small repair experiment.
Some time spent with plants.
A crazy workload.
Train delays.
And a lot of music at the end of long days.
Not exactly the week I would've chosen.
But maybe that's life.
Some days will be easy. Some will test your patience.
Some people will disappoint you. Some plans won't work out. Some days will simply feel heavier than others.
What matters is how we respond to them.
We can't control everything that happens around us. But we can control how much we let those things affect our peace.
So, when things get difficult, stay calm.
Let go of what you can't control.
Remind yourself that it's just a phase.
And keep moving.
Because sometimes, the best thing you can do after a hectic day is simply put on your favourite song, take a walk, breathe, and tell yourself:
"It'll be okay."
And that's it for this week.
A hectic week—but perhaps, just another reminder to find a little peace even when life isn't particularly peaceful.
Comments
Post a Comment